Chris Kratt is the younger of the two Kratt Brothers. Together, he and Martin Kratt are the protagonists of Wild Kratts. Chris is the more sensible of the two brothers, and he is characterized by the color green.
Chris wears khaki shorts, hiking boots, and a green sweater with a neck-length zipper and black stripes running across the sides, with the sleeves rolled up. Underneath his sweater is a white undershirt. He has slightly tan skin, light brown eyes, and spiked brown hair. He is shorter than his older brother, Martin.
He is characterized by the color green.
Chris is very similar to his older brother, Martin. He is smart, fun, childish, mischievous, curious, and loves making jokes and pranks. But unlike his brother, Chris likes being organized, and tries to carefully think things through before jumping to conclusions. He is also more technically inclined, patient, attentive, and focused than his brother, and is quick to notice details.
His catchphrase is "Living free and in the wild!", with some variations in certain episodes.
Chris travels with his brother and their friends in the Tortuga, to learn about and save animals. Chris uses his knowledge, his climbing skills, and his Creature Powers to save the Creature World. He also knows how to snowboard, water ski, "manta board", and can also do acrobatic flips.
Chris is 44 years old in real life. He and Martin both started their career together in the 1990s, starting with Kratts' Creatures, and after that, Zoboomafoo and Be the Creature.
- Chris likes climbing trees, but in "Flight of the Draco", he had a temporary fear of heights.
- In "Tazzy Chris", it is shown that Zach and the Kratts have known each other since childhood. Although they are enemies, their relationship is forgiving and comedic.
- In "Fireflies", it is shown that Chris is left handed.
- Gourmand often refers to Chris as "green grape". In "Hermit Crab Shell Exchange", he called him "green pea".
- Donita calls Chris "Chris-Angelo".
- Zach sometimes calls him "Green Guy".